FitPick® SELECT is a FitPick programming component that is specially designed to help vending operators meet strict school guidelines and achieve and maintain successful operations in places of education.
FitPick SELECT ensures students are equipped to make informed snack choices and helps operators meet the latest USDA Smart Snacks in School nutrition standards.
- FitPick SELECT is easy to use – recognizable stickers, labels and clings make it simple for users to identify FitPick SELECT items
- FitPick SELECT involves no changes to machine or micro market functionality – it involves selection and variety of food choices that meet nutrition standards and a placement of stickers and thin films on machines and products
- FitPick SELECT helps operators meet latest government nutrition standards – FitPick SELECT snack options meet the latest USDA Smart Snacks in School standards, helping to ensure operators are adhering to the most rigorous school vending guidelines
- FitPick SELECT identifies better for you snacks – FitPick encourages children to begin making informed choices at an early age. It appeals to parents and school officials who prioritize and advocate for student health
FitPick SELECT Meets New Smart Snacks in School Standards
|FitPick® SELECT / USDA SMART SNACKS IN SCHOOL|
|CALORIES||200 or less|
|FAT||8g or less (≤35% of calories)|
|SATURATED FAT||2g or less (<10% of calories)|
|SUGAR||18g or less (≤35% of weight)|
|SODIUM||≤230mg or less**|
In addition to the above nutrient standards, any food sold in schools must meet at least one of the following four criteria:
- Be a “whole grain-rich” grain product;
- Have as the first ingredient a fruit, a vegetable, a dairy product, or a protein food;
- Be a combination food that contains at least ¼ cup fruit and / or vegetable;
- Contain 10% of the Daily Value (DV) of a nutrient of one of the nutrients of public health concern in the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans (calcium, potassium, vitamin D, or dietary fiber).*
- **On July 1, 2016, snack items must contain ≤200mg sodium per item
*This criteria expires on July 1, 2016.