About Fit Pick™
What is Fit Pick™?
- Fit Pick™ helps consumers locate vending machine choices that support a healthy lifestyle. It is a simple, ready-to-use system of vending machine stickers that identify vended products which meet a standardized set of nutrition guidelines.
- Fit Pick™ nutritional criteria are based on the recommendations of the:
- Fit Pick™ products are lower in fat and sugar. Labels are available for two different categories of nutritional criteria. The most commonly selected criteria for adults is 35-10-35 which means no more than:
- 35% of total calories from fat
- 10% of calories from saturated fat
- 35% of total product weight from sugar
- Fit Pick is easy to implement. It does not require any outright purchase by vending sites, does not usually require changes to vending contracts unless desired, and is easily installed and maintained.
- Fit Pick™ is a national program. It is available for communities and vending operators throughout the nation. Fit Pick™ was developed by the National Automatic Merchandising Association (NAMA) and can be installed by most vending operators.
National Automatic Merchandising Association (NAMA) is the national trade association of the food and refreshment vending, coffee service and foodservice management industries including on-site, commissary, catering and mobile. Its membership is comprised of service companies, equipment manufacturers and suppliers of products and services to operating service companies. The basic mission of the association, to collectively advance and promote the automatic merchandising and coffee service industries, still guides NAMA today as it did in 1936, the year of the organization’s founding. NAMA supports, with administrative, logistical and financial assistance, a network of 30+affiliated State Councils encompassing 36 states, where the vending and coffee service industries focus on local issues and concerns as well as gathering frequently for networking opportunities. Fit Pick™ and Balanced For Life™ are programs developed and administered by NAMA. For more information, visit the NAMA website: www.vending.org or www.balancedforlife.net
About Balanced for Life
Fit Pick is just one of the programs NAMA has created to help address rising obesity rates by developing tools that communicate the importance of a balanced diet and physical activity. A host of other tools and resources are available through the organizationís national health and wellness initiative Balanced for Life. For more information and to see what tools are available, visit www.balancedforlife.net.